RE: Running Weight Measurement

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running Weight Measurement
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:28:49 -0500
I want to think that a strain gauge compression pad could be used, or
a strain gauge bolt arrangement to monitor the weight at various points.
(I wanted to put such a device under the motor mounts and try to determine
torque. - I even picked up a few Analog to Digital converters from
Analog devices to play with - haven't done anything with them, yet.)

Any view out there on the effectiveness of this approach?  Do I need lots
of filtering for vibration?

Since I want one of these for myself anyway, if there is interest,
I'd be happy to embark on a test case.

Thanks,
Jim W.