Re: Running Weight Measurement

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "Richard Fox"
Subject: Re: Running Weight Measurement
From: "Steve Pitt" <stpitt@zipcon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:09:48 -0800
I agree, Glen.  At such high speeds and with so much happening around the
driver, it seems that you would have already reached the point of no return
when you noticed the changes in rods or indicators.  Plus it would seem that
the bumps and
undulations in race course surface would affect both gauges or indicator
rods.  It seems like in many forms of racing, downforce is the key to
stability, thereby wings, canards, spoilers, etc.  As I recall, few of the
lakesters and streamliners have such devices.  Rules???  Or too much drag???
Steve