RE: Limitations

To: <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <speedtimer@charter.net>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Limitations
From: <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:40:32 -0700
I like it a lot, Neil.  When my issue of Flying magazine arrives the first
things I read is the "I learned about flying from that" column, then the
"Aftermath" column, then Garrison's  tech column, then look at the rest.

Dale C.

                Glen;

                Your comments about the indications of what happened in
Seth's accident made
                me wonder about whether it would be helpful to the LSR
community to publish
                an "Accident Report" on serious accidents at SCTA/BNI
events.

                Two precedents that I'm familiar with are the "Accidents in
North American
                Mountaineering" by the American Alpine Club and "Caving
Accidents" by the
                National Speleological Society. They are not formal,
official investigations
                like those by the NTSB; they are simply reports written by
others who are
                familiar with what happened or who have talked to those who
were involved.

                The reports cover not only what actually happened but also
offer an opinion
                on what went wrong and how it could be prevented in the
future.

                It seems as if this feedback could be beneficial in making
LSR safer for
                everyone. As it is, little is learned from other's mistakes
or accidents
                except from what is heard via the "grapevine".

                What does anyone else think of this idea?

                Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer.