Re: fire extinguishers and race cars

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: fire extinguishers and race cars
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:37:37 -0800
Larry Mac,

I think the point is that when the system is triggered, one action
should protect the driver as well as attack the fire. And, different
systems require different types of plumbing. Previously, I used a Halon
system, but now I have a Deist Cold Fire System. It has to be a closed
loop system. Three five pound bottles are connected in parallel to one
loop of tubing and nozzles. One nozzle is in the cockpit (focused at the
fire wall) and three under the hood. I have never had to use it, but if
I did just one action would fire a bottle. Each additional bottle would
be fired as needed.

This may not be the best way to do this, but it is how I have set it up
and the inspectors seem to like it.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC (where we have ice on the windshield for the
first time this year, 35 deg. F.)