Re: fire extinguishers and race cars

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: fire extinguishers and race cars
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:56:41 -0800 (PST)
When I did my camaro, I thought having one system for the engine and one for
the driver was a good idea.  I'd seen cars catch on fire from a carb backfire,
and had even experienced a little flare up myself.  I figured no need to
discharge everything and fill the cockpit just for an engine fire.  I was even
considering three systems for the Studebaker:  One for the driver, one for the
engine with header nozzles as required in the rules, then a third smaller
system aimed at the carburetors just in case - - - catch the little one while
it's still little.  Now I'm wondering.  I'd like to hear a lot of feedback on
this as this is such a very important part of the car. Let's have comments from
a bunch of you more experienced racers.
Dick J in East Texas

"Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com> wrote:
Gary,

No need to loop the Halon, but I did use the same discharge tubing for
all three bottles with Halon, also.

Tom, Reccing CA - #216 D/CC