Re: fire extinguishers and race cars

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: fire extinguishers and race cars
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:05:56 -0800
John,

I suppose that you could interpret the rule that way, but to me it says
something different. We start with a 5lb system for driver protection in
cars under 150 MPH, then another 5lbs is added for over 150 MPH (can be
in conjunction with the driver system or a separate engine system. And
yet another 5lbs for vehicles over 200 MPH, for a total with over 15 lbs
for the driver and engine.

I think that the driver protection only in the slower cars is there
because they can get stopped in time for someone else to put the fire
out. Driver protection is always paramount. In the faster cars, it take
longer to come to a stop and you will probably be further from help, so
more agent is needed in both the engine and the driver compartment to
assure protection.

In my view, putting the fire out is the best protection for the driver.
In my system, as long as there is anything in the system, the driver is
getting protection.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC