Re: air intake size

To: ELLEN WILKINSON FOR <gary_ellen@msn.com>
Subject: Re: air intake size
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:37:33 -0800
List,

I recently replied to an email about the Nish Streamliner air scoop. I
did not see it come up o the network, so I am not sure that it made it
to the list. Unfortunately, I have deleted the email so I can't resend it.

Since the air scoop issue is of great interest to me, I will try to
reconstruct my previous reply.

I talked to Terry at the World Finals in impound concerning his scoop. I
had been told that he was getting 4 lbs of pressure in the scoop. I
don't know what the dimensions are, but the opening is small. Terry
said that the scoop was too small to deliver enough air at low speed and
lower gears. He showed me his remedy for this problem. On the bottom of
the scoop, he has a series of holes covered with a rubber mat. This is
designed to let air in until the scoop becomes pressurized, then it
seals off. He has a nipple, about 3" tall, in the center bottom of the
scoop that is connected to a pressure gauge on the dash. He says that
they are registering about 3 psi at speed. He does not have a data
acquisition system on the car, a surprise to me, I jokingly told him
that he put too much of his money in chrome.

I will continue this in a second email.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC