El Mirage or?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: El Mirage or?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:45:44 -0600
What a great trip to California...

Started off hanging out with Van Scoy in Arizona... For those of you who don't
know, Ed's wife has provided him with an awesome house and more vettes then
any 5 men have a right to.... ( Tonya was as impressed as I am with his
house... just a Very nice deal... )  Ed I don't know how you got it done...
but he's retired and Linda Works.... someday maybe we can get him to tell us
his secrets!!! ( some of this may not be strictly true... but It's my story
and I'm sticking to it )

Then we went over to LA and hung out with my sister and her hubby who runs a
company called Total Cost Involved in Ontario...  ( neat street rod frames..)

Off we went up north to see Seth Hammond and spend some time with him... I
wanted to see him and have a look at his lakester he just destroyed..   Seth
was Great.... in a back brace... but he's in good spirits and looking forward
to what's next.... best of all he's trying to sort out what is next... he's
far from thru with all this...   I learned a couple of things about roll
cage's from the way his crushed ... it's going to be one of the changes I make
in the Berkeley this winter... ( his was exactly like the picture in the rule
book... the down tube doesn't intersect the main bars running forward )( fig
5)

Then we went to The Dry Lakes HOF at Jack Mendenhall's... now here was a
collector... whew.. neat place... and home of the Gold Cost racing club...

Up To Doug Odom's place to check out the new Streamliner he bought with Al
Phillips...  it's an interesting piece which really does look like it's going
to be a player in the top speed wars one day....

Tonya had to play Hollywood so I got to go to the Peterson's museum and hang
out with Dave Freiburger and Steve Smith...   Dave went to the meet in Texas
and said it was going to be a fun place to race... ( more to follow in Hot Rod
I'm sure )

Then of course we had to go play with Glen...  another neat southern
California type house... Carol was very nice to us and was a joy to hang out
with.... ( living proof there Tonya ain't the only little blind girl )
Okay... to Glen's merit he's got an awesome collection of both model cars and
LSR history... this guy has the answer to whatever ails you in terms of what
has happened at Bonneville in the past....

Great trip... we didn't get to race... but we sure got to have some fun with a
wonderful group of friends.... I want to thank each of you who hosted us for
the few hours we spent....  the freindships make all the work worth while...

Keith