Re: Ford Axle Housings

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Ford Axle Housings
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:23:24 -0500
2.47 is the best your gonna get (big T-birds and Lincolns etc.) if you got
the torque to pull that kind a gear. So your gonna have to spend some more
time digging in the bone yard. If 6000 RPM is all you got then a 3.0 gear is
only 166 MPH. If your looking to avoid narrowing the housing look for a 67
to 70 Mustang with a big V-8. All the others had 8"ers. Oh yeah try a
Lincoln Versailles too.

JB