Record puzzler for list

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Record puzzler for list
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:40:37 -0800
After much investigation, the FIA World Record list updating and correction
project is almost complete. Dave Petrali has identified and corrected a
variety of arithmetic problems with mph/kph conversions while I have been
busy hunting down missing names, vehicles and dates. The help has come from
the likes of Phil Hill to the world wide web and off actual certificates
hanging proudly on walls across this fine nation of speeders.

Only one piece of information eludes me and I turn to the powerful
collective knowledge of this group for help.

Case on point:

On Sept 26 1965 at Bonneville W. Hertz rode the NSU to a Category A, Group
1,Class 3 World Record
of 164.500mph, or 264.737kph FOR THE FLYING KILOMETER

Some time after that another vehicle, probably also a motorcycle, boosted
the record to 222.620mph/358.272KPH FOR THE FLYING KILOMETER

The questions are:

???What vehicle
???Who drove/rode
???When
???Where

There is a guess that this may have been Johnny Allen, or Bob Leppan in the
Gyronaut.

Does anyone know for certain?

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.