Re: cheap hats--who you know

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cheap hats--who you know
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:52:44 EST
In a message dated 12/1/2003 7:26:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:
Sparky wrote:
> NOT nearly as Cheap a hat as bumping your own record with your own setup
for family members---
    Comments such as the above are why a good number of us on the list rarely
reply to postings. Tom Bryant and his family worked long and hard to earn
their induction into the Two-Club and richly deserve it.
    When I first met Tom in the early to mid 80's he was struggling hard to
nurse speeds in the 210 range out of the old 34 coupe, assisted by what
appeared to be only his wife.
    As a member who saw my son inducted into the club the year after I made
it (same car, different engine and different class), I know the pride Tom felt
seeing his sons gain entry.
    If you aren't willing to dedicate the time and expense to earning
yourself a hat how about showing some class and not putting the knock on those
willing to make the commitment.
                                    Ardun Doug King