RE: Traction control

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Traction control
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:59:51 -0500
Hmmmm.  I didn't read it that way.  I read it as optional which I
though was better than right now where it is not an option. (TC)
I guess, like others, I'm just looking for some clarity as to
'what it is' or 'what it is not'.  If I put a G meter on the dash
and adjust my foot for the best acceleration, it seems to me that
I'm practicing traction control, and I find nothing in the rules that
do not allow this.  (Most times the 'G meter' is the seat of my
pants).  But, what happens if I connect the G meter to the ignition
so that it automatically seeks the best acceleration? Is that traction
control?  (I admit this is a simple example and doesn't take into
account some of the high speed wheel slip suggestions that have been
made.)  So I guess I'm in favor of a clearer definition of 'what it is'.
And if we are all against it, I'm fine with that.  I am not fine with,
if we decide to allow it, making it 'mandatory'.  It has to be an
option, up to the racer/builder/driver/team.

Thanks,
Jim W.

Snip>