Re: Traction control

To: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Traction control
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:48:34 -0500
With the current rules how do you plan on proving it does not control
anything else? There are no tests that can not be easily defeated. I hope no
one thinks jacking the car up and running the engine driving the rear wheels
to see if they speed limit is a real test. With current wireless technology
devices do not have to be hard wired to each other in order to communicate.
Think cell phone, cordless phone, wireless networking and IR wireless.. A
$79.00 cordless phone runs at 2.4 GHz with spead spectrum channel hopping.
and comes with 2 transcevers plus a lot of other stuff you don't need. It is
not a 'Star Trek' sort of thing to have a device you can call with a cell
phone and reprogram it.. As James said 'the cat is out of the bag'.  The
only way you can enforce TC rules is to remove every electrical device from
the car, including the battery.

Dave