RE: Two Tech Questions

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Two Tech Questions
From: "rgribble" <gribbler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:57:50 -0500
Howdy Dick,
I can only attest to what I learn from the NASCAR guys, a lot of what
they do is for cornering and chassis roll (not that critical for you) so
maybe this is a good starting point for you, but here goes, The Panhard
Bar is usually mounted below or at the level of the axle and usually the
longer the better. However 20" is the smallest I've seen used and was
mounted from the center section to the outside frame rail. Most builders
try to keep the bar as level as possible when car is at ride height. I
don't think for B'Ville (straight line racing) the location of the bar
(above or below the axle line, nor the rake the bar has would be too
important, mainly due to the limited suspension travel). I would
however, consider the effect of downforce on the final ride height at
speed.
Hope that's some help,
grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"