40 willys coupe

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 40 willys coupe
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:56:35 EST
I guess I would have to put the 40-41 Willys coupe up there as one of my
favorite cars. In the early sixties the Stone Woods Cook team came to a drag
strip
near me and we went and saw them. I thought that was the baddest car I had
ever seem (and still feel that way). I 'm sure people on the list knew Dug Cook
personaly but I have never seen anything posted. Did he every run a car at
Bonneville? I know Mike is the president of SCTA did he ever do any drag
racing?
Don Montgomery has a book out called Supercharged Gas Coupes which is a great
book if you are a gasser fan from the sixties. I bought a 40 Willys about 5
years ago and had it about 70 % done when I got on this Bonneville truck and
now
I have two uncompleted prijects!!
Larry Mac