Re: 40 willys coupe

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 40 willys coupe
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:10:24 -0800
Larry
I knew Doug Cook in the early days and was a fan and a friend, I watched
many great races with the Willys and the 37 chevy coupe before that. He also
ran the chevy coupe at El Mirage. A big part of his life was drag racing
before coming back to work with Mike on the Bonneville scene. Mike tried
some oval track racing as well but his love is the lakes and salt. His son
Mike Jr. is following with his hi-boy roadster.
Mike still has Dougs 37 coupe and the Willys is in the NHRA Museum.  And the
history continues.

Glen