Re: Racing team bylaws

To: advo@cloudnet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing team bylaws
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:27:56 -0500 (EST)
Greg, sounds like you need an HR Director like the evil Catbert(in
Dilbert)!

I bet plenty here could tell tales about their "disappearing teams".

>From what I'm told by the veterans, usually the car or bike owner pays
all the bills everywhere, and drives or rides.  If he can locate any
really motivated, committed, dedicated helpers, he pays their expenses
to go to the meets with him.  He then has to make sure they "have a good
time" because if they don't, they won't be available next time or next
year.

Sometimes these dedicated crew members screw up and make mistakes on the
car or bike, which cause embarrassing failures or worse.  This causes
tension.

One veteran told me a racer is better off if he runs a car or bike that
he can run by himself, for better or worse, so that he doesn't need to
bother with any team, and the aggravations usually thereunto
appertaining.

If you have a team with various members contributing both money and
time, no doubt about it, it's a complex undertaking.
Happy holidays!  Ardun Bill