Re: rules for 2004 ... opinion piece

To: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: rules for 2004 ... opinion piece
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:07:15 -0600
Howdy Wes, some of my disgruntlement is about the rule changes that are NOT
safety driven, last year and this year, ( according to the rumors) changes
are being made to m/c >class< rules, yes and in addition to, safety rules.
I am in complete agreement with you on the safety issue, if there are
safety rule changes I can wait. but class rule changes I need now, and so
do the other m/c builders. I was in line in 2002 and could not make the m/c
rules meeting on the Salt, besides, I'm a Lifetime member of 7 Hills
Skydivers, and I have sat through enough meetings to seriously color my
thinking on them. (I now need to be dragged kicking and screaming to one!
you think racers have egos? HA, try skydivers...) anyway, SCTA has posted
the car rule changes on the SCTA website, and I'm still waiting for the m/c
changes ..I have called, and emailed for the changes, but have not had
answers, of course this being holiday season which would slow down the
process too...