Re: Push Truck Engine

To: Rick Yacoucci <turborick@TurboRick.com>
Subject: Re: Push Truck Engine
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:37:21 -0800
Rick,

Sounds like a good idea to me, I don't care much for the GM diesels (for
that matter, I am not a fan of diesels at all). Just a caution, be sure
to check with the smog legality of the change. Was the 454 engine a
choice in this unit originally? I am not sure that this kind of switch
is allowed anymore, and if it is, everything that is part of the smog
system on the 454 has to be transferred to your truck, a large order.
Just something to think about before you get too deep into the transfer.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC