RE: Push Truck Engine

To: "'Rick Yacoucci'" <turborick@TurboRick.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Push Truck Engine
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:43:29 -0800
Rick,
you will have smog certificate issues with the engine swap. it will require
you to be checked by a "referee" and have a special smog placard on the door
jamb for future inspections. I came across the info researching a 350SBC
swap into a S-10.It was well documented by a website of a shop that
specializes in the conversion. Essentially (in California) you have to
maintain the smog requirements of the year of the vehicle, not impossible,
but there is some red tape to cut thru.

Mike M.