Re: Electronics Question..

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Waldron, James"
Subject: Re: Electronics Question..
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:38:20 -0800
Dick,
Normally the speed is limited by the manufacture according to the speed
rating of the
tires installed at the factory. Engine RPM is ignored and the VSS signal
(vehicle speed sensor)
is compared to a fixed value. Too fast and one or more injectors are
randomly inactivated.
There is also the traditional rev limiter. New values can be entered to
compensate for
tire size. I have no idea how much this will buy you. After market chips
are available
that have this function disabled.

Bryan