Re: Oil restrictors in a SBC, help

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>, Dave Dahlgren
Subject: Re: Oil restrictors in a SBC, help
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 09:07:18 -0700
Rich,

Have you also considered high tech coatings on the valve springs to control
heat build up and oil retention?  I'm familiar with what HPC coatings do on
valve springs and I'm sure there are others available to help with heat
build up and lubrication problems.  For long runs on the salt those coatings
could be part of a solution.  You can contact Jeff Holm at HPC West,
801-501-8315 and see what he says about it.  They also have a facility in
Oklahoma City that does a lot of NASCAR engine work.  You could call there
for tech information too.

Wes