Re: Oil restrictors in a SBC, help

To: Richard Kensicki <richk@spartajunction.com>
Subject: Re: Oil restrictors in a SBC, help
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:34:17 -0800
Richard, The restrictors are for the valve train not the camshaft lobes.
The cam is lubed by oil thrown off the rods. The most common reason for
a camshaft failure is not being broken in correctly. You must use a lube
on the lobes and when it first starts you run it at a min of 1500 rpm to
fling enough oil off the rods to lube the cam. I run mine at about 2k
for the first 15 minutes.
   Doug Odom in big ditch