RE: Better than Rustoleum

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "'John Beckett'"
Subject: RE: Better than Rustoleum
From: "dad land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:54:00 -0500
Very good question! I always use a buzz bomb type rustoleum type primer
with same brand top coat. I also have used a wrinkle type paint on the
cast or FE parts.  I agree with KT on the powder coating covering up a
stress crack       (as I recently had on an old harley trans case).  But
bottom line I've been soaking before racing with salt away or x .i got
it from a fellow racer at the salt. and then during the year at the
runway giving her a coat. Then washing her off with it at the end of
speedweek. After I get home I follow tom evans advice and put her (miss
Lucille) under a lawn sprinkler for a day.IS THERE A BETTER WAY? Because
when working on her this weekend -I'm still getting small salt piles
falling from somewhere? Is there something I could add to or alter in my
preventative way of addressing the corrosive environment we race in to
protect our equipment?

Dad Land, Lone Eagle Motor Co.
www.lone-eagle.net
world land speed record holder