Re: Race engine oil viscosity

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race engine oil viscosity
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:29:03 EST
QUOTE:
The reason for this note is, I have seen engine damage from thick cold
oil but I have never
seen or heard of damage caused by oil that had a viscosity that was too low.

I agree.........
The race shop that builds a motor also specifies an oil type and
viscosity........ya hire em
for their expertise ........might as well follow their advice.........some
builders are going to lighter weight synhetic oils
that being said I know of at least one circle track team that is
experimenting wih synthetic 0w5 weight oil........I know you can have problems
with oil
that's too thin but the synthetic oils seem to hold up better under all
conditions.
doc