Re: Being Mean...to Rick Byrnes among others...

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Being Mean...to Rick Byrnes among others...
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:33:54 -0500
In anticipation of finally being done with the lakester and on the salt,  I
purchased a "cool shirt"  at PRI show in December.  Since I am to be short
on space for a cooling unit, I opted for a quick connect that will cool
until we are ready to close the canopy.  Disconnect two quick release
fittings and one 12 V power lead and the cold water source stays out of the
race car.   Cool Shirt is on line www.coolshirt.net  Price was good, but not
cheap.  I expect it along with a forced air breathing system should help in
the comfort level while strapped in and waiting.  Thats when I get to
feeling a bit claustrophobic.
The shirt is short sleeve Nomex in my case and ribbed with tubing for
cooling water, If I can loose enough weight by August, I suppose I'll wear
my PBI long sleeve under shirt over that.  Like one of my friends says, you
only have one chance to over-engineer something.

Rick