Re: Kids racing

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: Kids racing
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 08:48:10 -0600
A frequent reminder on the radio around Salt Lake during snow storms is that
4-wheel drive can get you going just fine but stopping on slick roads is
another thing.  A four wheel drive vehicle slides just like a two wheel
drive when the brakes are applied.  Even ABS brakes don't have much stopping
power on slick roads.

Lance reminds me of another seeming constant ... a young girl/woman in a red
car.  I drive to Provo from Salt Lake, 45 miles each way at least once a
week and often twice.  It's I-15, 3 or more lanes each way, traffic moving
at an average 75 mph in a 65 zone on dry or wet roads.  Most commonly I'm
passed by young girls/women in red cars going ten to fifteen mph faster than
I am.  They are on a cell phone, tailgating, using all three lanes to pass
and not paying attention.  A week ago in a speeding sting by the Highway
Patrol that demographic accounted for roughly a third of the stops according
to one of the patrolmen involved.  Do I let my daughter who drives
responsibly buy a red car?

Wes