Compound curve body

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compound curve body
From: "J I Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:55:24 -0400
I'm a little ahead of myself, but I'm going to have to make a
body for the LSR contraption I'm making out in the garage.
I'm thinking fiberglass (since my metal work makes a wrinkled
diet Pepsi cans look good) and I'm also already familiar with
aircraft composite construction.

I'm thinking about some pretty long composite curves.  And
I want the surface to be really accurate - more accurate than
I trust to my eyeball.  How do I get there?  Giant 3D milling
machine?  I'm pretty sure some of you must have been
down this road before - what are the options available?

Thanks,
Jim W.

Yep - I sure do admire those compound curvy bodies.  (Just
getting this out of the way before someone else does.)