personal parachute

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: personal parachute
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 09:10:22 +1000
G,day blokes
Im trying to find information / data  on personal ( as in worn on the back
type ) parachutes used in high speed motorsport ,I posted on Jon's site  and
there was a mention of the hydroplane guys using them at some stage , but I
cannot find much about them , also in the 70's some guys running hydrogen
peroxide rockets  (bikes and gocart?) used them and I have one mention of
one being used that saved the life of the user  but again very little info ,
does anyone out there have any info or can point me in a direction for info
or for that matter parachutes for bikes, I think the top fuel bikes used
them ? , why you ask well im putting together a submission for some rule
changes or alternativly a new class ( for Australia DLRA )  ,whichwould
allow radical streamlining to "special construction class motorcycles " Im
in persuite of 300+ mph for a "sit on type " motorcycle , I have designed
and tested a fire system for a M/C (works well ) , I have information and
data for hi tech protective gear ( impact resistant body armour ,
ceramic/metal studed abrasion resistant leathes /armour and kevlar ,nomex
under garments , and I would dearly love to find and add a parachute system
to the safety package , Im even willing to be the crash test dummy , and the
crux of the submission will be "SAFETY"  ant help or ideas  welcome
Gary

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail