Re: Cage Survey - - One word reply OK

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cage Survey - - One word reply OK
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:45:51 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/2004 10:35:06 PM Central Standard Time,
gmc6power@earthlink.net writes:
.When I responed with stick. I was because it was all I had beside my trusty
Ox/Acet unit. For years I used it for almost everything. Took a class in
1965 and learnd how strong "torch" work done properly is unbelivably strong.
JD you are right on with the Ox/Acet the problem today not many people can do
it, its about a lost art. I'm not talking about melting a piece of sheetmetal
together and call yourself a gas welder. I'm talking about welding about
anything that you set in front of you. If my dad was alive he would have been
99
years old now. He worked in the pipefitting industry and was a welder. At that
time electric welding was just coming into play. He was an artist with a torch
and I would put it up against any kind of weld you want. I to am a pipefitter
welder but am very average gas welder. I used to teach stick and tig but when
we went to the gas welding I always brought in an old-timer who taught
welding in the war to women and by the way he said some of the best welders
were
women.
Larry Mac