Re: Getting my kicks on Route 66 ?

To: RACE427@aol.com
Subject: Re: Getting my kicks on Route 66 ?
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:53:20 -0400
On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 07:37 PM, RACE427@aol.com wrote:

> I am driving out west in July to see my family in SoCal.  The trip
> home I
> can take my time.   Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on places to
> stop and
> see some race cars or motorcycles on display along the route?

Here's one I've heard about but not seen.  Maybe ;you can find out a
little more, but I hear it's worth stopping to see.

I hear there's a car museum/display in Lincoln, Nebraska.  Racer John
MacKichan is/was retiring from Square D and going to work at the
museum, or volunteer there, or something, and we were to contact him to
set up a visit.  Wes Potter told me about it -- we never did get around
to stopping there, but maybe this year...

Anyway, maybe Wes will see this and respond.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)