Rule Book

To: "Jonathan Amo" <jonamo@landracing.com>,
Subject: Rule Book
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:35:21 -0400
Had a call last night from a guy in Michigan. He just got his rule book this
week too. He also discovered that his new leathers that he bought this
winter will not be acceptable for competition this year. He called SCTA and
they told him to sew patches over the offending panels. Having seen leathers
used up after a 160 MPH dismount I don't think that is such a good idea.
Anyway if the new rules were at least published on the SCTA web site many
competitors would be in a position to fix things in time before Speed Week.
All the car rules are available early for our consumption, why are the
motorcycle rules such a big secret?

Bottom line is this racer wont be living his dream of running on the "Salt".

John Beckett, #79 D/GCC