Cutting rubber:was Shaving Tires

To: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cutting rubber:was Shaving Tires
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 10:21:05 -0500
Ed that was really interesting ... when I was a kid my grandfather owned a
Printing supply business.. what he did exactly was supply chemicals to dry
ink on some really monster printing presses...Millie's as I recall.... great
big 4 color stuff...( I was very young so forgive my ignorace of real press
names )

Anyway.... he also renewed the rubber on rollers...and he had this lathe
that had a bed in it that was at least 16' long... sometimes it was a simple
matter of trimming them and other times he'd have to put new rubber on the
rollers themselves....

I wish he'd have kept that business... I'd still live in Lower Azusa and be
a semi weathy man...