RE: Torque curve vs. gear ratio

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Torque curve vs. gear ratio
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 05:17:45 -0400
Thanks for the plug Bryan and yes the software does work correctly as long
as you do not lie to it. My initial guess without knowing anything about
your engine other than the 2 numbers you just gave would make me want to
shift it at 7200 or so depending on how fast the power falls off at the top.
generally the best accel rates are with shift points at 6% over the peak hp.
Dave