Shock theory...( Dang Goodman )

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shock theory...( Dang Goodman )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:43:09 -0500
Okay so John and I are talking yesterday and he asks some silly question
like...

If your shocks are set up like a passenger car... aren't they going to be
designed around several inches of movement Vs the little .200 or .300 you
have?  and he asks... do you think that maybe there is so little action you
really might not have a dampener assembly at all?....

His answer was a bell crank assembly that could turn my limited movement into
something that represented real travel on a shock.. which could be mounted
about anywhere...

Very interesting stuff.

John Goodman is a Very bright man.. especially when it comes to chassis set
up... ( and piston ring sealing ) but he sure is a pain in the butt!!!....
teach me to just hand out data like candy....

Keith ( who luv's ya John? )