RE: Dry Sump System

To: Land-Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Dry Sump System
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:47:39 -0500
Justin,

I think the three stage pump should be OK, but you may want to run a bigger
tank. If you must run the tank, then I think you would want to run an oil
cooler. The way we have our system plumbed is to scavenge from the pan into
the pump, from the pump through a course screen to the tank. Then from the
tank to the suction side of the pressure stage on the pump. Out the pressure
side, through a big cartridge filter and into the engine. Our tank + lines +
filters hold 16 qts.

You can add a stage to most dry sump pumps fairly easily and if you are
running a Weaver pump then you should call them and order the rebuild book.
It is a great reference and they are really nice people to deal with. The
pumps are easy to rebuild, too.

Jim Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com
Chock Full o' Nuts