Re: Weather-Pack and Deutsch connectors

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Bryan Savage"
Subject: Re: Weather-Pack and Deutsch connectors
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:17:24 +0000
I fully understand the cost thing Mayf, and am with you on that in certain
areas of things I do(we all have areas we are more anal in then others in
many areas of our lives). In areas concerning my business and racing that I
only want to do once(or in this case may need to plug and unplug on a fairly
regular basis), or can't see it failing until it fails... I want the best we
can get for both my customers and myself. I know if runnning on the salt I
would not take the smallest chance of loosing a run due the chance of
electrical contact contamination(I personally am not willing to take that
chance on the road or on the concrete either). Not to mention that the
Duetsch line offers anything from single contact connectors(jiffy splices) to
12 contact connectors(in mutliple color and key combinations to not confuse
hanress connections at that) including 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 place
connectors. The Delphi Packard line(both weather pack and metri-pack systems)
are only available up to 6 contact connectors if I'm not mistaken. Packard
connectors are also more pieces due to the cable seals which have to be
ordered specifically for wire size and are disposable rather then reusable. I
just see the Deutsch stuff as worth twice as much as anything I've found,
with less labor and better function. Also(for me) the fact that the late
model Harley's(50% of my work) already use the deutsch stuff.. it's a
vibration insurance that is hard to come by(which is why I change as much of
the older bikes that are not a full restoration over to them too).
TD