Dielectric grease

To: Terry Hunt <guambomb743@msn.com>,
Subject: Dielectric grease
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:02:52 -0700
Terry,

I go to the Ford dealer and ask for Silicone brake caliper grease. It's
in a black tube,
net wt. 85 grams for less than $10.00. You can get the some thing from
Permatex,
9.5 grams for about $2.50 that's about $22.00 for 85 grams.

You need the grease, clean fingers and some clean paper towels. Use your
fingers,
wood tooth picks for the small holes and wood chop sticks for large
ones. A new
or clean acid brush is useful. I have always used the stuff very, very
liberally. I make
a mess and clean up with the paper towels. I have had to clean excess
from a female
plug once.

I haven't used it on alternator brushes, relay contacts or condoms. I
have several lamp
sockets in the house that bulbs were hard to remove from. With a liberal
coating of
this stuff an the metal base -- no problem. It's also great for the
lights on a boat trailer
or anywhere water might show up.

Just don't leave any metal exposed to air.

I first used it in the '60's when the only source was Dow Corning. Was
hard to get.

Sorry Terry, that's a lot more than you wanted to know,
Bryan