Re: ARG!!

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ARG!!
From: "atrav" <atrav@vcmails.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:54:20 -0400
I'd be happy for it to move under it's own power. I think I need to wave a
crucifix at it.
Trimming the nib from the nip did the trick, fuel stayed where it ought to.
Still won't run or start right though, ignition's fine, valves fine, runs great
off of starting
fluid.
This is the bike that made me buy the pin gages. According to the manual, main
jets should be #132,
the dealer said #135 or #140 if California spec. or not. When I opened the
carbs up there were #120
jets. Hmmm....
I put in #135, figuring I'll start rich and work back like usual. It doesn't
seem way rich, it's not
fouling the plugs or any evidence like that. Besides, if I were way off with
the main jets,
shouldn't it still start and at least be OK at very low RPM? I guess I'll lean
it up and see.
Sunday will be the next day for it...
-Aron-