Re: ARG!!

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ARG!!
From: "atrav" <atrav@vcmails.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:16:59 -0400
Yep, that's kind of what I'm saying, even if the main jets are way
wrong, it should at least start and run. I should be tuning the carbs
by now...  I can see fuel around the needles, this bike is real
'spitty' with the carbs open. I cleaned the carbs real good when I
replaced all the fuel valves, the diaphragms are good, the needles are
straight, the slides move easy (though a bit worn), the pilot/idle
screws are set just the same as when I removed them as are the needle
heights. Sunday I'll double check for vacuum leaks, but there's really
not that many leak opportunities. I've switched to K&N's as I'm fed up
with dealing with the air box, plus having the air box intake right
off the top of the cylinder head just seems too hot to me.  I know the
carbs are getting fuel, very well, from the external float adjustments
and I can see a little fuel vapor condensation at the mouth of the
carbs.  The frustration is this bike ran better when the carbs were
leaking and had wild float levels. One odd thing (besides the #120
main jets) is all the needles had two washers on top of the clip,
therefore seem to be doing nothing.

-Aron-