Re: Solid mounted axel?

To: "Hal Worcester" <HWorcester@AdvancedPower.com>,
Subject: Re: Solid mounted axel?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:33:23 -0500
Okay it's worse then a couple of inches... it's actually more like 3/4 of an
inch total travel...  but the value of that ability to have the suspension
interact with the track is huge.... it keeps the tire planted... with Solid
suspension the chassis is supended off of the tire and with 70-90lbs of air
pressure...the tire isn't very pliable...

There are those that believe that Suspension isn't nessesary on a smooth
course... and I suppose they are right... only this year was the best year
we've had and the course still had bumps...

I've instrumented my car to measure suspension travel.  At speedweek this
year for example it moved not less then 3/8ths of an inch virtually
constantly.... that's what suspension does....

It doesn't have to be fancy.... I've proved that with the Camaro's old
suspension.... leaf springs with air bags.. but it has to be Equal... (
proved that too )....

Keith