WOS/Maxton

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WOS/Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:51:44 -0500
Tom  like you I really enjoyed the World of Speed event... the USFRA does a
fantastic job of putting on a very low pressure event.. not as many cars...
lots of runs and not much waiting in line... the motels are even less
expensive...  I'm going to have to re-evaluate which events I attend out there
each year...

Ted Wenz ran 246 at the quarter in the car... and had 261 in both the 2 and 3
miles...  of course we had the same piston issues that we had at speedweek...
everytime we pressured the motor very hard the piston let go and starting
introducing oil into the chamber... oh well...

Tonya and I just got back from the September Maxton meet as well.... turned
out to be a well attended meet... several cars came down from Canada and Wayne
Jesel showed up with his Winston cup car... Jimmy Barton drove his heart out
but couldn't get the car in 3rd gear... or so he thought... turned out they
trashed the clutch and had a back up... except they had to cut 1/4" out of the
throw out bearing... which they did by hand with a grinder they borrowed from
Todd Dross...  Jimmy finally went 211mph and got in the Two club... first car
this year...

Keith