Re: Gasping for air

To: "atrav" <atrav@vcmails.com>, "LSR list" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gasping for air
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:09:13 -0500
Aron
  If you are spraying isos the filters are supposedly only safe for 48 hours
after they are opened. I don't know why they couldn't be used for other
products for a longer time. Great looking system. I have a fresh air system
that I have to drag a hose around with me and it is a pain. Don't see any
reason that your system won't work perfectly, but be aware of your filters.
Iso's can kill or give you alergic reactions so beware. Hate to lose a LSR.

Ron Gibson, Omaha NE

> Just FWIW, I built a fresh air respirator, and here's a minced email that
I sent on another list...

> I used a fresh air breathing system originally for a welding helmet, but
now leading to
> the inlet of a regular fresh air respirator mask.
>
> The fresh air pump and filter system is a Jackson Shadowaire one, the mask
is a regular Bosh (I
> think) filter mask from Home Depot. I use it for welding, as it will fit
under most any helmet or
> screen, unlike some, and for painting. The air pump puts out a lot of
pressure, the 'exit' port in
> the mask is always expelling air. The filter pack clips to my belt.
Cordless is a BIG advantage.