RE: Gasping for air

To: "atrav" <atrav@vcmails.com>, "LSR list" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Gasping for air
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:38:56 -0500
Aron;

Now that's ingenuity!

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-land-speed@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of atrav
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 8:45 AM
To: LSR list
Subject: Gasping for air

Just FWIW, I built a fresh air respirator, and here's a minced email
that I sent on another list...

I used a fresh air breathing system originally for a welding helmet, but
now leading to
the inlet of a regular fresh air respirator mask.

The fresh air pump and filter system is a Jackson Shadowaire one, the
mask is a regular Bosh (I
think) filter mask from Home Depot. I use it for welding, as it will fit
under most any helmet or
screen, unlike some, and for painting. The air pump puts out a lot of
pressure, the 'exit' port in
the mask is always expelling air. The filter pack clips to my belt.
Cordless is a BIG advantage.

Here's a picture of what I made-->
http://www.cpu-net.com/host/atrav/Air.jpg

And here's the Jackson Shadow Aire II page -->
http://www.jackprod.com/catalog/catalog.asp?username=&category=Shadow-Ai
re&version=consumer

Jackson wants like $1000+++ for their Shadowaire system new, especially
their Shadowaire II.
I got the filter/pump from eBay for $50, the orange Shadowaire I, and
the mask was like $20 from
Home Depot. The filters are the expense...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3827907706

Also, and not to sound too crabby, but, get ready for a stinky load of
"Chicken Little" type people
that will claim any home painting will instantly kill you, and that
making your own filter system
will "Of Course" be inferior to some factory made shrinked wrapped
product bought at the local
hardware.

-Aron-