Re: Race report part #1

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Race report part #1
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:57:51 -0700
Keith & all,

Just got home Saturday evening at 6 PM. I had a great two weeks on the
Salt. Arrived in Wendover at 6:30 PM on the 5th of October to be
involved in the movie "The World's Fastest Indian". Took the car out to
the set on Wednesday morning. Since it is too long and streamlined to be
1962 "period", it was parked in the inspection area with only the rear
showing. I worked as an extra, as did most of those who brought cars. I
found very quickly that I would rather race than be in the movies. Hard
on the feet just standing around and it is .... BORING!!!

It was special for me to be involved, however. It brought back lots of
memories, I was there in 1962 when all this took place. I did meet Burt
  Monro's son John and Anthony Hopkins the one playing Burt. All else
was kind of HO Hum. However, I did have time to get acquainted with
several I have raced with for years. As most, when I am racing, I am too
busy to get acquainted with my peers.

The weather was perfect until Saturday when the storm blew through. By
Tuesday the 12th all was well again and we had excellent weather for our
  meet.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC