Re: ring seat help

To: Nt788@aol.com
Subject: Re: ring seat help
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:11:42 -0700
Jack,

I was told that Cry & Hooper who ran out of the Isky stable (5-cycle
cam) use Banana oil (ISOAMYL ACETATE) to run there engines in.
[Definition: A mixture of amyl acetate, which has a banana-like odor,
and nitrocellulose.] I think that this helped to remove the oil from the
cylinder walls while the engine ran in. Someone here may know more about
this. I have also heard that Bon-Ami works. I would think that anything
mildly abrasive would work.

Tom, Redding CA #216 D/FCC