Re: Filling O ring grooves

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Filling O ring grooves
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:55:09 +1300
> Chris are you trying to get away from a stainless steel 0-ring set up?
>
> if so why?

We set the heads up with O ring grooves to take stainless wire originally,
using copper gaskets and receiver grooves in the block.
I'm now setting up a new block and want to go away from the copper gasket
setup and use some of the newer Cometic or similar hi-po gaskets.
We're running real tight on piston to valve now and have our squish spot on
so don't want to mill the heads if possible as valve relief's in pistons are
also getting marginal on crown thickness.

Chris H.