Re: Eco Perception - today's reality

To: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: Re: Eco Perception - today's reality
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:39:34 -0800
A different thought on aluminum wheels on economy minded vehicles: heavy
wheels have lots of inertia, so it takes hp to move them to speed. Putting
aluminum wheel on an economy cay lessens the need for power to bring tthem
sp speed and then to stop. They may also keep the tire round which helps to
reduce squirm at the tire  road interface which also reduces hp needs. A
little here a littttle there and pretty soon you got a car that gets good
gas milage...

My old towncar does not get that good a milage, but when we moved from
Madison, alabammy we drove at speeds which averaged 75 mph for the entire
trip including stops and managed to get more that 25 mpg, ANd thats with 2
people, a dog and his crate and enough stuff in the trunk to fill a walk in
closet. So I thought that was pretty good for a 95 year model..

mayf. out in pahrump