Re: Hullo, newbie here

To: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Hullo, newbie here
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:43:29 -0500
On Sunday, December 12, 2004, at 11:22 PM, Jon.the.Wise wrote:

> Just signed up for the landspeed list and figured I'd make my
> introduction... I've got a ton of questions, most of which will come
> along the way, but my biggest one is just where I can find a rulebook
> of sorts that would give me an idea of what equipment would be
> required for what kind of cars, so I know what I have to work with.
> Thanks.
>
> ~Jon

You get a rulebook when you join the SCTA (although delivery may be a
bit delayed, if past history is any proof...).  You can order one
through the SCTA, you can order one through the USFRA (same book,
sometimes even faster service than the SCTA site), there are probably
other places that sell the book, too.  Go to www.landracing.com --
you'll find links to these organisations there -- maybe even can buy a
book on that site from the store (don't remember right now...).

By all means get one, though -- you should order three:  One for the
shop, one for the living room, and one for the back of the toilet.  You
need the book -- then, when you find questions to ask, post 'em here
and you'll likely get responses that simply refer you to page
number/rule number.

Go fast, have fun, be safe.  Welcome to the club.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)

((Where we had about 1 1/2 feet of snow overnight))