Re: Hullo, newbie here

To: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Hullo, newbie here
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:04:51 -0800 (PST)
Welcome aboard.  This is, indeed, a great place to get started.  It can save
you from making a lot of mistakes.  Rulebooks are available from the following
web sites: tah Salt Flats Racing Association, Southern California Bonneville
Nationals, Inc., and East Coast Racing Association (ECTA book only, but almost
identical to SCTA book).  I would personally recomment the SCTA rule book since
if you comply with that, you will also be in compliance with ECTA's book.

Are you building a car or bike?  From where do y ou hail?  Planning on West
Coast, or East Coast - - or both?  There's also a Texas Mile, which has really
minimal rules anb is  a great place to do shake-down runs.

Dick J
In East Texas

"Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com> wrote:
Just signed up for the landspeed list and figured I'd make my
introduction... I've got a ton of questions, most of which will come
along the way, but my biggest one is just where I can find a rulebook
of sorts that would give me an idea of what equipment would be
required for what kind of cars, so I know what I have to work with.
Thanks.

~Jon